AQB customizes presentations for your community’s needs, whether you be a public or faith-based organization, we can meet your needs.
Prevention and empowerment seminars include, but are not limited to:
Childhood Sexual Abuse Preventions, Detections, & Interventions
Many people feel ill equipped in discussing how to prevent sexual abuse. At the same time, if we fail to educate children they are left naïve and more vulnerable. This workshop gives strategies and resources on how to empower children, which can be duplicated throughout the community since education is the key to prevention of this crime against children.
How can 17 candies help protect children?
Sweet Safety offers a unique approach to equipping and empowering children so that they are protected from various crimes, especially sexual
abuse. Participants will learn how to effectively educate children and parents utilizing various candies. While conquering a sometimes uncomfortable subject this curriculum will help make it much more rewarding to have open and honest conversations while empowering children.
Participants will be equipped with user-friendly tools to educate children in protection from crime, especially sexual abuse. Pails with 17 candies may be purchased for $25.
Fee for seminars not required. However, donations are welcomed for us to continue our life-changing work.
FREE PREVENTION RESOURCES:
• I Am A Super Kid: An Age-Appropriate Guide to Empower Three to Seven Year-Olds in Protecting Their Bodies
• SECURE a teen magazine that encourages students to avoid destructive behaviors and seek healthy interventions when facing life’s challenges
• My Secret Life: A Truthful Look at a Child Actor’s Victory Over Sexual Abuse: The Autobiography of AQB’s Founder
• Educating Adults to Protect & Empower Children: a book for trusted adults to better understand how to protect, detect, and report sexual crimes against children
• We’ve Been There a magazine for elementary-aged girls created by high school-aged girls encouraging empowerment
• The Tale of Gale: an illustrated story of a brave young boy who runs for help when he suspects a coach as being inappropriate created by boys
“A Quarter Blue has been a tremendous partner in our efforts to educate students and parents alike. At-risk behavior does not begin in a vacuum. Far too many of the students we target for prevention are often victims of childhood abuse. A Quarter Blue has been an invaluable resource for our families to stop childhood sexual abuse through education. We are grateful for your willingness to donate your time, resources and expertise to educate parents at our monthly Parent Supporting Parent meetings throughout the county.
“After each presentation, parents and caregivers are invariably motivated to ask questions and seek more information and resources for the betterment and protection of their children and themselves. The response from principals and parents arising from your presentations throughout the county and the resources your provide has been tremendous.
“Additionally, having a partnership with A Quarter Blue has also been invaluable with respect to student awareness and prevention, and as a resource for students who are victims. Through education and dedicated, thorough follow-up with the students and families, AQB empowers students to use their cvoice, express their feeling and to find the valuable resources they need to persevere and overcome. With the shared goal of promoting education to our country’s youth, AQB has been a tremendous supporter of OC GRIP.”
– Tamika Williams, Deputy District Attorney
“(Martha Nix Wade, MA and Elizabeth Rivas, LMFT) approached this sensitive topic in a clear, concise, and bold way. I’m grateful I came to this workshop.”
– Children Network San Bernardino